Self improvement. Without it life can be tough. There must be a million things that can grind away at you day after day. Like a rock between a couple of boulders, your happiness can be ground away like dust if you let it. It doesn’t have to be that way. Surprisingly, keeping and maintaining your happiness is not as hard as it appears to be. In this article I am going to cover 6 tips that will help you maintain and even increase your true sense of happiness. You can have a more fulfilling life by following a few easy rules. Start today and before you know it the empowerment you receive by following these suggestions will have a profound impact on your life.
1. We are social animals by nature. The relationships we cultivate are essential and key to your happiness. We have to treat these relationships like a prized garden and spend a little time keeping them in top shape. Everyone on earth is different. No two people think exactly alike and we all have differing opinions. Because of that you must learn to accept people for who they are. You don’t have to agree with everything, of course, that would rob you of your identity but you need to stay out of the argument trap as best you can. Avoid the temptation to engage in arguments because you may think you are right. Even if you are. I know for many that is hard to swallow but believe me falling into those traps never gets anyone anywhere. Ever. That’s the truth. Resentment is all that is bred most of the time. This is probably the most important skill you must learn. And you can learn with the right techniques.
2. Thankfulness. I like saying that word. It’s easy and it sounds good too. If you want to see real improvement in your sense of well being spend a little time each day contemplating the things you are thankful for. It’s surprising to me that most people will only spend one day a year telling those they love how thankful they are. You should be doing it every single day. Once you begin to realize all the small things in life that you are blessed with they all start adding up. Over time you will find yourself looking forward to each new day.
3. You ever watch the news at night? I mean on a regular basis? Do you watch it in the morning as well? How about listening to it on the way to and from work. Stop! Can you spell depressing? The news programmers are not working to make your day any more pleasant. They know the old saying. “Bad news travels like wild fire.” Have you ever thought about why that is? People love scandal. Tragedy rivets our attention. Hearing about the unthinkable captivates our imagination. It’s not healthy. It causes anxiety even if subconsciously. Take this challenge. Stop watching the news for one month then get back to me and tell me how much more time you have spent dwelling on the woes of the world during that month. You will find a much more positive environment beginning to happen in your life without all the negative. It’s the kind of environment that will lend you some peace of mind and you will begin noticing how easy it is to be more thankful. Try it. You will see!
4. Spirituality. That word may conger up a different meaning for all who read it but the fact is spending some time meditating on positive things, singing in a church program, or being a part of some spiritual group contributes immensely to finding some inner peace. It will help with your sense of belonging. Loneliness can be a huge enemy of happiness. You would be surprised at how just a little time exploring your spiritual nature can be one of the best defenses against being lonely if you let it.
5. Do you have a sense of humor? Did you know we are the only animal on earth that does? Don’t confuse that with being playful. That’s completely different. Laughing and enjoying a little comedy is a wonderful medicine and is a huge factor in self improvement. We tend to relax and let down the walls we sometimes build around ourselves by all the seriousness of life everyday by laughing. Let go and enjoy laughing! For some this is difficult due to insecurity or having an introverted personality. Being humorous is a skill you need to develop. The more you participate the better you get at it and smiling will start to be a bigger part of you personality. It works wonders for your self esteem.
6. Finally, exercise. I can hear some of you cringing already. I am not talking about spending 2 hours a day at the gym. I’m talking about a few minutes of fresh air and moving your muscles and joints just enough to shake off the rust. I could absolutely write for hours about how exercise literally has saved my life but you can visit my site for more about that. If you can spend just 20 minutes a day to begin with by getting some oxygen to your brain you will be surprised at how it will effect depression levels, anxiety attacks, psychological issues and not to mention blood pressure, body fat and circulation….see what I mean! There is so much to be said that I can only just touch on it here. It doesn’t have to be difficult to begin with. In fact, you can make it seriously fun if you know the technique.
Well, there you have it. Six basic secrets that when you learn how to implement them into your lives you will be on the road to discovering how you to can truly be happy. Of course, there is so much more and I go into it in much greater detail but I hope I have given you a place to start. Just start with one or two things and add more as time goes by. You will see for yourself how life will change for you too!
http://www.selfhelpimprovement.com was developed by Barry Crewse and is one of many sites created that are designed to improve quality of life. Self Help Improvement is devoted to helping those seeking to live life to the fullest. We offer an abundance of tools, tips and techniques on every facet of self improvement. Stop by and see how you can benefit from learning about things you’ve probably never even imagined. You may be surprised just how easy it really is!
Copyright 2008 Self Help Improvement
Author: Barry Crewse
Article Source: EzineArticles.com
PCB stencil online quote